BY JEREMY BLAKELY – FAN FUEL BLOGGER
It has been another up and down week for the Calgary Flames and captain Jarome Iginla. With six games in the books and five of those being at home, the Flames start has been horrible. They have only won one game and with the NHL trade deadline on April 3, the big question is who will be in a Flames jersey by that time?
1. No place like home?: Calgary’s home ice has not helped at all as they sit with a record of 1-3-1 at the Saddledome. So far in this early season there haven’t been any bright spots for the Flames. The Sharks, Ducks, Canucks, Oilers, Avalanche, and Blackhawks have put up at least three or more goals in each of their contests with the Flames.
2. Top line not clicking: With a number one line consisting of Jarome Iginla, Alex Tanguay, and Michael Cammalleri there has not much to cheer about. Tanguay currently leads the team with six points scoring three goals and three assists. Iginla and Cammalleri have yet to light the lamp this season. Time for the younger players to step up.
3. Penalty kill woes: While their power play ranks eighth in the league, the penalty kill is second-last. Big improvements are needed.
4. Much needed offence: New acquisition Jiri Hudler has three goals and two assists in three games.
5. Road trip: A three game road trip is starting this week and the opponents will be the Detroit Red Wings, Columbus Blue Jackets, and the Vancouver Canucks. A change of scenery may help the Flames overcome all the losses but if not look towards a high lottery pick in this upcoming NHL draft
More NHL: Has Luongo’s great play killed trade talk?