The Dallas Stars will get a major boost to their lineup as they make a final push for the post-season. The team’s leading goal scorer, Tyler Seguin, will return to the lineup Saturday against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Seguin, had been out with a knee injury since mid-February.
Seguin suffered his injury in a game against the Florida Panthers when defenceman Dmitry Kulikov hit Seguin with a low hip check. Prior to his injury, the 23-year-old had registered 29 goals and 59 points in 55 games. Kulikov was suspended four games for the play.
The Stars went 3-5-2 without Seguin and sit eight points out of a playoff spot in the Western Conference.
“My goal was to get on this trip,” Seguin told reporters Thursday. “Right after the injury, they said five to seven weeks, four to six weeks or whatever. But I looked at this goal of three to three-and-half weeks. I reached that goal, and I am excited about that.”
