It has been said that NHLers step up their intensity come Stanley Cup Playoffs time. The same could be observed of those tweeting about hockey, as April brought a deluge of brilliant Photoshops and nasty injuries we wish were Photoshopped.
10. When hand-me-downs go wrong:
— Tampa Bay Lightning (@TBLightning) April 7, 2014
9. Hockey selfie:
— Chris Getzlaf (@ChrisGetzlaf) April 17, 2014
8. NHL rookie Zemgus Girgensons, 20, was one of the 2013-14 Buffalo Sabres’ biggest signs of promise, scoring 20 points in his first 63 games. So this invitation to try out for the NAHL’s Topeka RoadRunners next season was certainly well-earned:
— Zemgus Girgensons (@zemgus94) April 2, 2014
7. Sometimes little Kenny, too, felt like Erik Karlsson. Not because he could make an end-to-end rush look Swedishly effortless, but rather because he didn’t always have the answers either:
Things are complicated in life. How do you handle it? Don't ask me.
— Erik Karlsson (@ErikKarlsson65) April 15, 2014
6. The Edmonton Oilers will break your heart and steal your summer job:
— Edmonton Oilers (@EdmontonOilers) April 9, 2014
6. The Columbus Blue Jackets celebrate a run to their second-ever playoff berth with the best hockey hug threesome you’ll ever see:
— Mark (@RedditCBJ) April 9, 2014
5. The playoffs’ opening round was a nail biter:
— Chandler Grace (@chan_bing) April 15, 2014
4. Oh, oh, I got one: Christian Ear-off. See what I did there?
— Christian Ehrhoff (@TheRealHoff10) April 7, 2014
3. So what if Luongo only tweets on a monthly basis now? Like UI cheques and full moons, a @Strombone1 send is worth waiting for. This one arrived after he stoned the Dallas Stars to save his former club from mathematical elimination:
— Strombone (@strombone1) April 7, 2014
2. Notice anything odd about this Brian Burke photo? You got it — the necktie is knotted.
Wow Brian Burke really took our criticism of his hair to heart. pic.twitter.com/03P5TeLNwa
— Bonk's Mullet (@BonksMullet) April 2, 2014
1. I imagine Zdeno Chara awaking in a cold sweat. This is his night terror:
ANGRY CLAUDES FOR EVERYONE! pic.twitter.com/BDeiArZfVx
— Dan Ryan (@bruinshockeynow) April 3, 2014