The slowest hockey news month of the year provided little in the way of information but plenty of fun distraction on social media.
10. Ben Scrivens, goaltender, professor, honourary Bluth:
My life is Arrested Development. https://t.co/vAeUkoyim7
— Ben Scrivens (@ben_scrivens) August 9, 2014
9. Roberto Luongo on the NHL-to-Vegas expansion rumours:
— Strombone (@strombone1) August 27, 2014
8. Next level:
— Paul Bissonnette (@BizNasty2point0) August 21, 2014
— Pavel Datsyuk (@Datsyuk13) August 21, 2014
7. The ultimate agitator vs. the ultimate enforcer:
“@imseanavery: I want to fight someone right now……Who wants to fight me??????” <–I'm in. Bowe
— Riddick Bowe (@riddickbowe) August 19, 2014
6. Where my dogs at? Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk fact-checks a reporter who erroneously tweeted (and later deleted) that the Sens had multiple owners:
Confirming the rumour. Ottawa Senators have 3 new equity partners: Sparkles, Frosty and Pebbles — my dogs. Great reporting @ottawa_dc
— Eugene Melnyk (@MelnykEugene) August 28, 2014
5. Seldom do we say this, but the Speedo was a nice touch:
— Ryan Kesler (@Ryan_Kesler) August 23, 2014
A nation's capital should not have a team with such an offensive nickname. Please, NHL, no more Ottawa Senators.
— Pat Sajak (@patsajak) August 7, 2014
3. Snow worries.
Come on, Ryan Malone….not on the ice. pic.twitter.com/b0JfwpBckR
— Dan Ryan (@bruinshockeynow) August 19, 2014
2. Best. Goalie. Pads. Ever.
Confusing the shooter like never before pic.twitter.com/0DLbcajPo9
— Goalie Ways (@GoalieWays) August 16, 2014
— Paul Bissonnette (@BizNasty2point0) August 12, 2014