Something about the NHL off-season brings a little more flavour to social media. This month brought us a particularly fun batch of sent messages from players, teams and deceased fans. We count down the 10 best NHL tweets of July.
Honourable mention: Leafs fan Terry scores with a postmortem zinger:
— Omar Sachedina (@omarsachedina) July 25, 2014
10. Roberto Luongo believes David Booth’s new deal with the Maple Leafs should have a special provision preventing this from happening again:
— Strombone (@strombone1) July 22, 2014
— Bobby Ryan (@b_ryan9) July 4, 2014
8 a. Early adopter Dustin Brown exhibits the kind of trailblazing that earned him the 2014 Mark Messier Leadership Award:
It's true I'm testing the iWatch http://t.co/zToiWkNX60
— dustin brown (@DustinBrown23) July 8, 2014
8 b. Win two Cups, you get to make two jokes:
— dustin brown (@DustinBrown23) July 29, 2014
7. Michael Grabner, able to see what no one else sees:
— Michael Grabner (@grabs40) July 9, 2014
6. What’s a pirate’s favourite letter? Arrrrr…
— St. Louis Blues (@StLouisBlues) July 10, 2014
5. Peter Holland inks a new contract and drains a hole-in-one on the same day. Then he messed around and got a triple double.
Decent day. Sign a new contract and dunk a hole-in-one!! No bounce, straight in pic.twitter.com/6htaUvUwEn
— Peter Holland (@PeterHolland13) July 16, 2014
4. Patrick’s sharp response to the new $84-million extension given to Captain Serious(ly Wealthy):
I wonder if Toews has smiled yet?
— Patrick Sharp (@10PSharp) July 9, 2014
3. Too much information?
— James Wisniewski (@jameswisniewski) July 2, 2014
2. Erik Karlsson gives props where props are due: to devilishly handsome crooners your mom loves.
FYI, One of the best looking guys out there @michaelbuble
— Erik Karlsson (@ErikKarlsson65) July 3, 2014
1. I’m on a boat. And what a boat: