Something about the NHL off-season brings a little more flavour to social media. This month brought us a particularly fun batch of sent messages from players, teams and deceased fans. We count down the 10 best NHL tweets of July.
Honourable mention: Leafs fan Terry scores with a postmortem zinger:
10. Roberto Luongo believes David Booth’s new deal with the Maple Leafs should have a special provision preventing this from happening again:
8 a. Early adopter Dustin Brown exhibits the kind of trailblazing that earned him the 2014 Mark Messier Leadership Award:
8 b. Win two Cups, you get to make two jokes:
7. Michael Grabner, able to see what no one else sees:
6. What's a pirate's favourite letter? Arrrrr...
5. Peter Holland inks a new contract and drains a hole-in-one on the same day. Then he messed around and got a triple double.
4. Patrick's sharp response to the new $84-million extension given to Captain Serious(ly Wealthy):
3. Too much information?
2. Erik Karlsson gives props where props are due: to devilishly handsome crooners your mom loves.
1. I'm on a boat. And what a boat: