Is it October yet?
Which means you finally get to read September’s top 10 NHL tweets.
10. Two-for-one sale on stitches in Chicago:
— Patrick Sharp (@10PSharp) September 23, 2014
9. "Have a seat, Andrew. I know we appointed you captain, but we've decided to go in another direction..."
— Andrew Ference (@Ferknuckle) September 22, 2014
8 a. Well, George Parros's spot is still open...
As NHL training camp approaches I want to suit up for the HABS so I can fight Chara & Lucic...
— Chad Johnson (@ochocinco) September 15, 2014
8 b. Hanging Chads:
— Chad Johnson (@ochocinco) September 26, 2014
7. Former Maple Leaf Darcy Tucker sticks up for Phil Kessel:
— Darcy Tucker (@16DarcyTucker) September 18, 2014
6. The night Phil Esposito and Bobby Orr spent with Andre the Giant is the stuff of NSFW hockey lore:
— Tom Hawthorn (@tomhawthorn) September 1, 2014
5. Eddie Lack on a roller coaster and a Viking charging into battle share the exact same expression:
— PRP Inc. (@PRP_Inc) September 2, 2014
4. Ryan Whitney gets to the bottom of the Sidney Crosby arrest:
Crosby was arrested in Ottawa at 4 am doing 88 mph with a old guy named doc riding shotgun in this thing pic.twitter.com/QtCdTMuLmu
— Ryan Whitney (@ryanwhitney6) September 3, 2014
3. Fun fact (unless you're Roberto Luongo): Roberto Luongo is the NHL's active leader in career shootout losses with 41:
Can we keep the spin-o-rama and ban the shootout instead @nhl ?
— Strombone (@strombone1) September 11, 2014
2. Paul Bissonnette, already in midseason form:
— Paul Bissonnette (@BizNasty2point0) September 17, 2014
1. Back to school: When Sid was a kid...
— The Chronicle Herald (@chronicleherald) September 3, 2014