MONTREAL – Follow along for live updates, quotes and analysis from the UFC 158 pre-fight press conference:
— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) March 14, 2013
– We’re seconds away from the start of the press conference and word is Nick Diaz is in fact in the building.
– Just spotted Nick’s brother Nate Diaz. Confirmation that Nick is here, one day after he no-showed at the open fighter workouts.
– Six of the best 170-pound mixed martial artists on stage right now. Georges St-Pierre, Nick Diaz, Carlos Condit, Johny Hendricks, Jake Ellenberger and Nate Marquardt.
Nick Diaz on why he wasn’t at the workouts: “It was either I had to miss that or miss this to catch up on some sleep.”
Dana White: I guarantee Nick will be at the weigh-ins and fight.
– Diaz getting very emotional right now speaking about his past, nearly tearing up at one point. This is a new side to Diaz the public has seldom seen.
– GSP and Diaz going back and forth now. Tensions are high at the Bell Centre right now.
Diaz criticizing GSP’s past performances: “I tell you what bro, I was out fighting all the hitters … you take these punches and quite.”
– GSP has a puzzled look on his face when Diaz is talking and now the champ is getting worked up.
GSP: “Do you really think I’m scared of you man? You’ll see Saturday.”
– Dana says marijuana is the “exact opposite of performance enhancing.”
Johny Hendricks: “(Nick) had to do what he had to do to get the fight.”
Diaz: “I apologize for being a no-show. I’ve never missed a fight.”
– The fighters just did their staredowns. No more words were exchanged though.
— UFC Tonight (@UFCTonight) March 14, 2013
– Ellenberger, Condit and Marquardt didn’t say one word during the entire press conference. Hendricks had on brief answer. Condit was stoic, Marquardt was enjoying the back-and-forth between GSP and Diaz, Ellenberger looked somewhat annoyed.
— UFCONFOX(@UFCONFOX) March 14, 2013