TORONTO (July 12, 2013) Major league stars, major league coverage. Baseball’s best are set to shine as Sportsnet, Canada’s home of MLB and the Blue Jays, hits Citi Field in New York for the 2013 Home Run Derby and the 84th MLB All-Star Game. Beginning now and continuing through next week, Sportsnet gives fans the ultimate All-Star treatment with coverage across television, digital, and radio platforms.
Coverage kicks off on Monday, July 15 at 7:30 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT with the half-hour MLB All-Star Preview Show, hosted by Jamie Campbell and Gregg Zaun ,followed by live coverage of the 2013 Home Run Derby at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT. On Tuesday, July 16 at 7 p.m. ET/4p.m. PT Campbell and Zaun return to tee up the 2013 Midsummer Classic during another installment of the MLB All-Star Preview Show, followed by live coverage of the 84th MLB All-Star Game at 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT. All broadcasts will air on Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific, and on RogersAnyplaceTV.com .
This year’s All-Star festivities will have Blue Jays fans cheering, as players Jose Bautista, Brett Cecil, Steve Delabar and Edwin Encarnacion, alongside manager John Gibbons, will all represent Toronto on the American League squad.
As an added bonus, prior to the Home Run Derby on July 15, Sportsnet presents its own unique roster of athlete all-stars with the premiere of the much-anticipated Behind the Scenes: The Beauty of Sport at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT on Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific. Kara Lang hosts the special half-hour show, bringing viewers behind-the-scenes of the making of Sportsnet magazine’s Beauty of Sport issue (on newsstands Thursday, July 18), featuring Canada’s hottest athletes on-location in sunny Las Vegas and other stunning locales.
Sportsnet TV Lineup
Monday, June 15
- 7 p.m. ET/ 4 p.m PT – Behind the Scenes: The Beauty of Sport – View a special sneak peek of the special here
- 7:30 p.m ET/4:30 p.m. ET – MLB All-Star Preview Show – Zaun and Campbell prime fans for the 2013 Home Run Derby, with Shi Davidi, Barry Davis, andFox Sports baseball analyst Ken Rosenthal reporting live from the action in New York
- 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT – 2013 Home Run Derby
Tuesday, June 16
- 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT – MLB All-Star Preview Show – Zaun, Campbell, Davidi, Rosenthal and Davis return to set the table for the main event. Features include:
- Blue Jays’ All-Stars Shine: With four Blue Jays players headed to the All-Star Game, this year’s game may be one for Canadians to remember
- Swan Song: A look at the legendary career of New York Yankees’ reliever Mariano Rivera
- Sportsnet looks at the MLB All-Star Game structure. Should the game’s outcome really dictate home field for the World Series?
- 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT – 84th MLB All Star Game
Online and Mobile – Sportsnet.ca and RogersAnyPlaceTV
- sportsnet.ca’s baseball insider Davidi provides the inside scoop from New York with coverage and reports from the Home Run Derby, MLB commissioner Bud Selig’s State of the League address and the All-Star game itself
- sportsnet.ca takes a look at the “The MLB All-Snub Team” and hands out the MLB Mid-Season Awards
- Live streaming of Sportsnet TV coverage at RogersAnyplaceTV.com and Rogers Anyplace TV Live mobile app
Radio – Sportsnet 590 The FAN and Sportsnet 960 The FAN
- Sam Cosentino hosts Baseball Central @ Noon, teeing up the Midsummer Classic and recapping the events and highlights throughout the week. (Weekdays at Noon ET on Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet 590 The FAN online, Sportsnet East and Ontario, and Noon MT on Sportsnet 960 The FAN
- Sportsnet 590 The FAN and Sportsnet 960 The FAN will have live coverage of the 2013 Chevrolet Home Run Derby on Monday, June 15 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PTand the 84th MLB All Star Game on Tuesday, June 16 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT
Sportsnet’s baseball talent are available for interviews
Social Media Links
Official website, Sportsnet www.sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet www.Facebook.com/Sportsnet
Follow Jamie Campbell @SportsnetJamie
Follow Gregg Zaun @greggzaun
Follow Kara Lang @Kara_Lang
Follow Shi Davidi @ShiDavidi
Follow Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal
Follow Barry Davis @SNBarryDavis
Follow Sportsnet @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet connects Canadian sports fans to their favourite teams and athletes, using five platforms: TV, Radio, Print, Online and Mobile. Sportsnet is Fuelled By Fans, and delivers storytelling on a local, regional, national and global level. The multiplatform brand consists of Sportsnet, sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet 960 The FAN, Sportsnet magazine, Sportsnet Mobile and the Hockey Central app on iPad and Playbook. Sportsnet consists of four regional channels (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific), and the nationally-distributed Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet World, and Sportsnet 360. Sportsnet is the Canadian leader in NHL and MLB television broadcasts and is home to 162 Toronto Blue Jays games, plus MLB Playoffs and the World Series. Sportsnet is an official licensed broadcaster of the 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilTM and also offers an exciting sports lineup including the NFL, the Memorial Cup, CIS Vanier Cup, Ultimate Fighting Championship®, Grand Slam of Curling, IZOD IndyCar Series, the Rogers Cup tennis tournament, and extensive soccer programming including Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, MLS Vancouver Whitecaps FC, CONCACAF and Canadian national team matches for men and women. Connected is the network’s nightly news program, providing regional and national coverage of the day’s events in the world of sports.