Every year in April, BC Transplant focuses its efforts on raising awareness for organ donation.
B.C Transplant dedicates this time to sharing stories and raising awareness about the benefits of organ donation and the life-saving effects of transplantation. They invite all British Columbians to have conversations about organ donation, register as an organ donor, and participate in their annual organ donation awareness campaign.
April 7, 2021 #GreenShirtDay
- To mark the day Logan Boulet became an organ donor, his family launched #GreenShirtDay on April 7 of every year. Wear green and show your support! #LoganBouletEffect
- DYK? Green is the official colour of organ and tissue donation, symbolizing the hope organ donors provide to patients in need. Wear green on April 7! #GreenShirtDay
- How easy is it to participate in #GreenShirtDay? Show your support in 3 easy steps: 1) Wear Green. 2) Take two minutes to register your decision on organ donation. 3) Talk to your family about your wishes.
National Organ and Tissue Donation Awareness Week, April 18 – 24
- April 18th – 24th is National Organ and Tissue Donation Awareness Week. Spend time talking to your family about organ donation and register your decision it’s a conversation that could save up to 8 lives.
Register as an organ donor today. It only takes 2 minutes to sign up. 1 organ donor can save up to 8 lives.
What takes 2 minutes? Brushing your teeth. Picking a Netflix movie. Registering as an organ donor also only takes 2 minutes. Register now at Taketwominutes.ca
- Did you know there are almost 700 people in BC waiting for a transplant? You can give someone great hope by registering your decision today at taketwominutes.ca.
Join in the conversation on social now:
April is Organ Donation Awareness Month find out more online HERE.