Canada’s ultimate NHL fan experience is back for a sixth season as Sportsnet and Rogers Hometown Hockey™ criss-cross the country, making stops in 25 communities to celebrate the local hockey stories that connect the nation.
· December 14 & 15, 2019 in Abbotsford, BC
· March 14 & 15, 2020 in North Vancouver, BC
The free festival features a full weekend of live entertainment, NHL alumni, and hockey-themed activities, culminating with a live outdoor viewing party of an NHL broadcast from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio, hosted once again by Sportsnet favourites Ron MacLean and Tara Slone.
“Hockey brings Canadians together from coast-to-coast. It allows us to imagine new possibilities and share the stories that unite the country,” said MacLean.
“It has been a privilege to tell Canada’s hockey stories over the past five seasons and we are grateful for the chance to hit the road for season six; seeing old friends and meeting new ones, and getting to the heart of this country’s insatiable passion for hockey,” added Slone.
What’s coming to Abbotsford:
Rogers Hometown Hockey Event and Broadcast Details
- Abbotsford Exhibition Park (32470 Haida Dr.)
- Saturday, December 14 – Festival open from Noon to 6 p.m. PT.
- Sunday, December 15 – Festival opens at Noon PT and runs through the end of the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party.
- Special Guests:
- NHL alumni Darcy Rota and Nathan Lieuwen
- Sarah and Amy Potomak of the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers – the first sister duo named to the roster of Canada’s national women’s ice hockey team
- Game Matchup:
- Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights, 4:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet, Sportsnet NOW, NHL LIVE)
The free hockey-themed weekend features games, prize giveaways, fun activities, and live local entertainment for the whole family, including:
- Rogers Fan Hub: Celebrate more of the game that brings us together with fun and interactive hockey experiences. Fill out your Fan Profile for a chance to win exclusive Rogers Moments, enjoy autograph signings with NHL alumni Darcy Hordichuk, test your stickhandling with the Infinite Dangles challenge, and grab some free popcorn!
- Sportsnet Shooting Accuracy Game: Fans race against the clock to snipe as many targets as possible before time runs out! A digital scoreboard tracks the best scores from the day, and from the other Tour stops across the country. Players of all ages can show off their hockey skills and see how they match up to NHL stars and alumni with fantastic prizes to be won!
- Steve Goodtime Rockin’ Hockey Show: Come see Steve Goodtime, our world-renowned hockey acrobat! Steve performs his incredible family-friendly rock n’ roll hockey show packed with fire, juggling, stunts, and guitar solos. The event will be rocked!
- Scotiabank Community Hockey Rink: A family-friendly outdoor hockey space designed to engage hockey fans who can interact with NHL alumni Nathan Lieuwen and celebrate the game. Scotiabank will also be donating $15,000 in support of kids’ community hockey at each tour stop this season.
- Hyundai Drives Hockey: Hyundai displays on festival grounds will feature games and challenges for kids and parents alike. Opportunities to test-drive and interact with the entire range of five Hyundai SUVs will demonstrate how Hyundai is made for those who drive hockey. Fans will have the chance to win on-site giveaways, weekend prizes as well as an overall grand prize for the season.
- Dr. Oetker Giuseppe Pizzeria: Fans can enjoy a complimentary slice of Giuseppe Pizzeria pizza fresh out of the oven, and learn more about the Find Giuseppe contest with many great prizes to be won!
- Playmobil Kids Zone: Fans have the chance to face off against friends and family with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures. In the zone, fans will also be able to enter to win an NHL playset.
- Sobeys Community Barbeque: Sobeys is proud to support the Community Barbeque through a food donation. All funds raised this weekend will go towards supporting the Abbotsford Minor Hockey Association and Abbotsford Female Minor Hockey Association.
- Live Local Entertainment: Live music featured throughout the weekend beginning with The Whiskeyjays performing on Saturday followed by Kyler Pierce on Sunday.