Jordan did not reveal if he is currently experiencing symptoms.
“Found out last night and confirmed again today that I’ve tested positive for Covid while being back in market,” Jordan wrote. “As a result of this, I will not be in Orlando for the resumption of the season.”
In 56 games with the Nets this year, Jordan averaged 8.3 points and 10 rebounds, while shooting 66 per cent from the floor.
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, the Nets intend to sign a player to join the team in Jordan’s place.
Jordan is at least the sixth Nets player to test positive. Four positive tests occurred in March, one of which belonged to Kevin Durant.
Earlier on Monday, Nets guard Spencer Dinwiddie told Shams Charania of The Athletic that he, too, tested positive for COVID-19. Dinwiddie said he is experiencing symptoms and it is unclear if he can play when the NBA season resumes.
Brooklyn will also reportedly be without Wilson Chandler in Florida, who opted out of the NBA’s return-to-play plan, citing the well-being of his family, according to ESPN’s Malika Andrews.
The Nets, who have a half-game lead over Orlando for seventh place in the Eastern Conference, are set to face the Magic on July 31 in their first game back if the NBA season can resume.