Report: Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Grant Hill to be inducted into Hall of Fame

Steve Nash and Stephen Curry (Ben Margot/AP)

Canadian Steve Nash will be inducted into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame as part of the Class of 2018, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.

Jason Kidd and Grant Hill will also join the former two-time MVP, with a formal announcement expected to be made during the NCAA Final Four this weekend.

Nash retired in 2015 with 10,335 assists to his name, putting third all-time behind John Stockton and Jason Kidd. The Vancouver, B.C., native is most fondly remembered for his time with the Phoenix Suns, where he thrived under Mike D’Antoni’s ‘Seven Seconds or Less’ system.

In 2005, Nash became the first Canadian to win the NBA’s Most Valuable Player award. He led the league in assists that season with 11.5 per game.

The very next year, Nash became one of 13 players to have won multiple MVP awards, joining Tim Duncan, Steph Curry, Karl Malone and Bob Pettit as fellow two-time winners.

Nash is one of two players to record multiple 50-40-90 seasons. This is when you achieve shooting averages of at least 50 per cent from the field overall, 40 per cent from behind the three-point line, and 90 per cent from the free-throw line. Hall of Famer Larry Bird did it twice. By the time he retired, Nash had made the 50–40–90 Club a record four times.

More to come…

When submitting content, please abide by our submission guidelines, and avoid posting profanity, personal attacks or harassment. Should you violate our submissions guidelines, we reserve the right to remove your comments and block your account. Sportsnet reserves the right to close a story’s comment section at any time.