Brendan Shanahan has managed to keep a pretty low profile so far during his tenure as president of the Toronto Maple Leafs — a pretty impressive feat, seeing as he’s one of the most well-known figures in hockey world.
This off-season, Shanahan shared a bit of his world to Leafs fans, posting some great throwback photos from his childhood and teenage years, as well as photos from time spent with family this summer — all via Twitter.
On Thursday, he also took over the Maple Leafs’ Twitter account to answer some fan questions during an #AskShanny Q&A session in which he gave insight into everything from his favourite Leaf to how he takes his coffee.
We thought we’d gather some of the highlights from his summer of Twitter. So, here are 20 things we learned about Brendan Shanahan this off-season — all shared by the man himself.
1. He’s got a great collection of old photos.
2. He’s always been comfortable in the spotlight.
3. He knows how to #rollwithit.
4. He may or may not be Adam Sandler’s long lost twin.
5. He loves his hometown team.
6. He values hard work.
7. He likes a hotdog with all the fixins’.
8. He’s a family man.
9. When it comes to the roster, it’s all up to the players.
11. He takes his coffee the Canadian way, thank you very much.
12. He believes in Lou.
13. He doesn’t play favourites…
14. …But he did, as a kid.
15. He knows how to boost the atmosphere at the Air Canada Centre.
16. His vision for Toronto is simple — in concept, at least.
17. He’s… generous.
18. He knows how to end the summer in style.
20. He’s ready for hockey.