Awkward airport encounters, clever team accounts, and a nasty shot at Alex Ovechkin from a Pittsburgh sandwich shop are all highlighted in May’s Top 10 NHL Tweets of the Month. This time we double-down on wookies.
10. The type of NHL depth chart any guy can envision himself on.
Updated Golden Knights Lines
Guy-Vadim Shipachyov-Reid Duke
9. Any chance you can legitimately feature Chewbacca twice in Tweets of the Month, you do it (even if this Patrick Eaves’ tweet is four days late).
My birthday card from my Mum Well played Mama Eaves… well played. pic.twitter.com/rBhjXoR566
— RealPatrickEaves (@Patrick_Eaves) May 8, 2017
8. In best hacky comedian voice: “I’ve heard of getting a cup of coffee in the NHL… but this is ridiculous!”
Trotz put him on the 3rd line with Ovi? https://t.co/CSk5XF4FNa
— Strombone (@strombone1) May 10, 2017
7. Wow. This is quite the troll job by Pittsburgh establishment Primanti Bros., famous for smashing a handful of fries on your sandwich. This little mixologist how-to was released in the wake of another playoff triumph by the Penguins over Alex Ovechkin‘s Washington Capitals.
5. When you’re fixing to write about the ridiculousness of determining a gold medal with a shootout and then you see Team Sweden partying in gold helmets and your pen loses all anger…
Thanks to everyone who showed up today! This trophy belongs to all of us. VM GULD, VM GULD, VM GULD pic.twitter.com/QseVUMZ8dj
— Victor Hedman (@heds77) May 22, 2017
4. “I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me.” —C3PO (and every Oilers forward)
3. “My summer vacation began when I didn’t score on Henrik Lundqvist in a gold-medal shootout and then had to take an 11-hour overseas flight and then the first person who greets me at my home airport is a hockey reporter….”
2. What an inspiring run. The Senators weren’t too bad, either.
1. Makes me happy every time.