The Blue Jays steal the Maple Leafs’ thunder (and host the Edmonton Oilers), Erik Karlsson disappoints the ladies by chopping his flow, and Rex Ryan represents for Jack Eichel in our Top 10 NHL Tweets of the Month for October.
10. Ken Holland: “If 3-on-3 overtime doesn’t result in more goals, Gary, we go to this…”
9. Can you pick out the future MVP in this photo?
8. “Hey, Brent. Would you like a paper plate for that second slice?”
“Nah, it’s good right here directly on this bench in the visitors’ dressing room where a bunch of sweaty athletes have previously sat.”
7. Rexy, bringing the sexy:
6. Wait, let me get this straight: Erik Karlsson cut off his hair and gave it to Jaromir Jagr?
— Ottawa Senators (@Senators) October 7, 2015
5. Rupp is right. Penguins go just 3-3 with Pascal Dupuis out of the lineup, 2-1 with him back:
4. Daniel Winnik publicly flirts with his wife while dressed as a bounty hunter. Strangely, we approve:
3. Marcus Stroman and the boys got the biggest ovation at the Toronto Maple Leafs opening game:
2. After Jaromir Jagr’s reaction to this Connor McDavid goal, Roberto Luongo’s hold on the “Funniest Veteran on the Panthers” title is now in jeopardy.
1. April Reimer, wife of Maple Leafs goalie James, captures Jose Bautista’s Game 5 bomb:
@JoeyBats19 joooossseeeee #cometogether #BlueJays pic.twitter.com/eyfOXm8QZE
— April Reimer (@april_reimer) October 15, 2015
Bonus: So this Spencer Bacon tweet was first fired out on Sept. 29. We blew it last month, but it was too delicious not to include a month later. (Sorry, Muslims, Jews, Seventh Day Adventists and some Christians.)