Blackhawks star Patrick Kane gets the last laugh over Jonathan Toews, Matthew Tkachuk gets embarrassed by his dad, and the Golden Knights got jokes in our Top 10 Tweets of the Month for January.
10. Roberto Luongo sets his sights on Martin Brodeur after leapfrogging Terry Sawchuk and moving into the top five in all-time wins.
9. Dance like nobody’s watching.
8. Love to see the Vegas Golden Knights already showing some character on social media. Now, they need some actual characters…
7. Dab jokes, courtesy of Tkachuk.
6. Eddie Lack makes his bid to be on the rules committee:
Trapezoid was invented to slow down Brodeur's stick skills. I say we introduce an Ovizoid to slow down @ovi8!! #Ovech1Kin pic.twitter.com/Y4hJlhBnr6
— Eddie Lack (@eddielack) January 12, 2017
5. A broken-up non-fight between Evander Kane and Kevan Miller turns into a war of words on Twitter and through the media.
“He wanted to fight when the refs came in and now he’s using Twitter, which is whatever-you-want-to-call-it,” Miller told reporters. “He seems to have to say that when we don’t play them again. That’s my thought. He knew I wanted to [fight]. There’s no ands, ifs or buts about it.”
4. Snoop owns his mistake but is unlikely to be invited back for NHL 200.
My bad https://t.co/w8VFoDlPVG pic.twitter.com/gTEZ4imV7P
— Snoop Dogg (@SnoopDogg) January 29, 2017
3. NHL teams jumping all over the Chargers move to L.A. and their new logo was viciously hilarious.
2. World junior bets gone wrong.
1. Chris Pronger, the people’s All-Star MVP.