Calgary Flames forward Dillion Dube, a member of Canada's 2018 world junior hockey team, said he is participating in investigations into an alleged Hockey Canada group sexual assault in London, Ont., in June 2018.
“I’ve cooperated in any way possible and will continue cooperating. I’ve done everything I can to cooperate,” Dube, who captained that team in 2018, said to Sportsnet's Eric Francis.
In the case, a woman accused eight Canadian Hockey League players, including members of the 2018 world juniors team, of sexually assaulting her after a Hockey Canada gala.
Hockey Canada settled the lawsuit by the woman, which was filed in London on April 20, in May.
Dube's agent, Dave Cowan, told the Toronto Star in the summer his client “did not engage in any wrongdoing, and he cooperated fully with the independent London Police Service investigation in 2018.”
Hockey Canada has been under intense scrutiny for its handling of the incident and the lawsuit. The organization did not initially compel its players to participate in an independent investigation and used a National Equity Fund that drew from registration fees to pay out settlements relating to sexual assaults.
The federal government has since frozen funding to Hockey Canada and the organization has lost funding from several sponsors.
Hockey Canada has reopened its investigation into the 2018 incident, as has the London Police. The NHL is also conducting an investigation of its own.
NHL deputy commissioner Billy Daly said last month that the investigation was "moving along" and that the league would do a "thorough, comprehensive job." Daly said, at that point, the NHL was receiving full cooperation.
Hockey Canada executives are scheduled to appear for a third parliamentary hearing with the Canadian Heritage committee on Oct. 4.