Canadians across the country are continuing to have important conversations about systemic racism and injustices faced by Canada’s Black, Indigenous and equity-seeking communities.
Ending Racism: What Will it Take?, a national one-hour special from Rogers Sports and Media, aims to continue the conversation in the fight to eliminate racism.
Hosted by Sportsnet’s Donnovan Bennett and Cityline’s Tracy Moore, this prime-time show examines the events that sparked protests around the world and takes a sobering look at systemic racism and injustices in Canada. It also features thought-leaders from across Canada who will share their unique experiences with systemic discrimination and their views on how all Canadians can advocate for impactful change.
Viewers are encouraged to join the conversation on social media using the hashtag #EndingRacism.
Ending Racism: What Will it Take? will air on Thursday, June 11 at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT on Sportsnet. Canadians can also watch and stream the prime-time special at 7 p.m. local time on CityTv, OMNI Television, Rogers TV community stations and Rogers Radio news websites.
From athletes to activists, guest contributors to Ending Racism: What Will It Take? will include:
• Akim Aliu – Professional hockey player, member of the Hockey Diversity Alliance
• Michael Bach – Canadian Centre for Diversity & Inclusion founder and CEO
• Donovan Bailey – Olympic gold medallist, five-time World Champion, Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame Inductee
• Cicely Belle Blain – Black Lives Matter Vancouver co-founder, diversity consultant
• Orlando Bowen – Former Toronto Argonauts linebacker, motivational speaker
• Andray Domise – Journalist, contributor to Maclean’s magazine
• Wes Hall – Kingsdale Advisors executive chairman
• Idil Issa – La Foundation Parole des Femmes vice-president
• Sheila North – Former MKO Grand Chief, Indigenous advocate
Ending Racism: What Will it Take? is the first of ongoing initiatives from Rogers Sports and Media over the coming months to continue to drive the conversation with Canadians.