Further details were not provided by the club, which said it would not be making additional comments about the nature of Hamonic's absence at this time.
Hamonic did not opt out of the 2021-22 season despite not reporting to training camp while remaining at home in Manitoba for personal reasons.
“We’ve received confirmation that Travis Hamonic will not be opting out this season," Canucks general manager Jim Benning said in a statement at the time. "He remains at home, dealing with some personal matters. We continue to support him, and out of respect for the situation, we will have no further comment at this time.”
The Canucks later placed the 31-year-old on waivers on Oct. 10.
Vancouver inked Hamonic to a two-year, $6-million contract back in July with expectations he would factor in amongst the team's top-four defencemen. Hamonic had 10 points, three goals and seven assists, in 38 games during his first season with the Canucks last year.