Major League Soccer recorded four more positive COVID-19 tests over the last two days at the MLS is Back Tournament in Florida.
The league says the four tests came from two different clubs. There were 1,888 players, coaches, referees, club staff, league staff and other individuals tested on Tuesday and Wednesday at the league’s host hotel in the Orlando area.
The league announced the test findings in a social media post late Wednesday. It did not identify the two clubs with positive tests.
FC Dallas has already been forced to withdraw from the World Cup-style tournament in the wake of positive tests for 10 players and a coach.
The focus has since switched to Nashville SC.
The league announced earlier this week that five Nashville players had confirmed positive tests with four other players requiring additional testing after recording inconclusive test results.
Commissioner Don Garber told ESPN on Wednesday night that subsequent Nashville test results would be reviewed overnight before making a decision on the expansion club’s participation in the tournament.
The competition kicked off Wednesday night with Orlando City defeating expansion Inter Miami CF 2-1.
The Montreal Impact face the New England Revolution on Thursday evening.