– Kypreos and MacLean return to coach opposing teams of top NHL Draft prospects from the CHL–
– Faulds, Cox, Shannon, Millions, Broadhead and Cosentino on-site in Calgary-
– PLUS, additional Friday Night Hockey matchups announced –
TORONTO (January 9, 2013) As the Canadian Hockey League’s biggest stars assemble in Calgary next week for the 2014 BMO CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game, Sportsnet delivers exclusive Canadian coverage of the game showcasing the CHL’s top-40 NHL draft eligible players on Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT on Sportsnet East, Ontario, West, Sportsnet 960 The FAN, and Sportsnet 590 The FAN Online.
Host Rob Faulds and analysts Damien Cox and John Shannon will be front and centre at the Scotiabank Saddledome to provide pre-game, intermission and post-game analysis. Play-by-play commentator RJ Broadhead and analyst Sam Cosentino will call the game, alongside rinkside host Roger Millions.
For the second straight year, Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos and Doug MacLean will battle it out on the benches as opposing coaches for the two star-powered teams. Former NHLer and Stanley Cup champion Kypreos will assist head coach and former Calgary Flames star Jim Peplinski with Team Cherry, while former NHL head coach and general manager MacLean will assist head coach and former NHL assistant Tim Hunter with Team Orr.
Sportsnet will also deliver cross-platform coverage of the 2014 CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game, including:
- Connected: Starting Tuesday, Jan. 14, Sportsnet’s nightly news show will deliver reports from Calgary (click here for broadcast schedule)
- Sportsnet 590 The FAN and Sportsnet 960 The FAN: In addition to live game coverage, Sportsnet’s HOCKEY CENTRAL reporters and analysts will provide news, updates and interviews from Calgary
- sportsnet.ca: Keeps fans connected to the CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game with news, columns and scores
Talent Interviews: Sportsnet’s hosts and analysts are available for interviews to discuss the 2014 CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game.
Additional Friday Night Hockey Matchups Announced
Sportsnet announced its next four regular season Friday Night Hockey matchups for January, kicking off with the Guelph Storm hosting the London Knights on Friday, Jan. 10 at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT on Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific. (See full broadcast schedule below).
All broadcasts will feature play-by-play announcer Broadhead alongside analyst Cosentino and host Faulds, as well as a pre-game HOCKEY CENTRAL show with analysis, scores, interviews and features.
Home to the 2014 MasterCard Memorial Cup, Sportsnet will broadcast a Friday Night Hockey game every Friday night during the 2013-14 regular season and playoffs. Sportsnet will announce the remaining Friday Night Hockey games for its 2013-14 broadcast schedule on a monthly basis.
Sportsnet’s January CHL Broadcast Schedule
Friday, Jan. 10
- London @ Guelph, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)
Wednesday, Jan. 15
- 2014 BMO CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game, 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West, Sportsnet 960 The FAN, and Sportsnet 590 The Fan Online. Taped delayed on Sportsnet Pacific following the conclusion of the Vancouver Canucks broadcast)
Friday, Jan. 17
- Kootenay @ Regina, 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)
Friday, Jan. 24
- Peterborough @ Oshawa, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (Sportsnet Ontario, Pacific and ONE)
Friday, Jan. 31
- Gatineau @ Drummondville, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)
Social Media Links
Official Website, Sportsnet //www.sportsnet.ca/
Like Sportsnet http://www.facebook.com/sportsnet
Follow Nick Kypreos @RealKyper
Follow Doug MacLean @DougMacLean
Follow RJ Broadhead @SNRJBroadhead
Follow Roger Millions @RogMillions
Follow John Shannon @JSportsnet
Follow Rob Faulds @RobFaulds
Follow Damien Cox @DamoSpin
Follow Sportsnet @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet Magazine @Sportsnetmag
Official Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet connects Canadian sports fans to their favourite teams and athletes, using five platforms: TV, Radio, Print, Online and Mobile. Sportsnet is Fuelled By Fans, and delivers storytelling on a local, regional, national and global level. The multiplatform brand consists of Sportsnet, sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet 960 The FAN, Sportsnet magazine, Sportsnet Mobile and the Hockey Central app on iPad and Playbook. Sportsnet is the Canadian leader in NHL and MLB television broadcasts and is home to 162 Toronto Blue Jays games, plus MLB Playoffs and the World Series. Sportsnet is an official licensed broadcaster of the 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilTM and also offers an exciting sports lineup including the NFL, the Memorial Cup, Ultimate Fighting Championship®, Grand Slam of Curling, IndyCar, the Rogers Cup tennis tournament, and extensive soccer programming including Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, UFEA Europa League, MLS Vancouver Whitecaps FC, CONCACAF and Canadian national team matches for men and women. Connected is the network’s nightly news program, providing regional and national coverage of the day’s events in the world of sports.