Former Pride champion Wanderlei Silva will face Brian Stann in the main event of UFC Japan on March 3 at the Saitama Super Arena, the UFC announced.
Both men will be moving up from the middleweight division to compete in a five-round light-heavyweight bout.
Silva (34-12-1, 1 NC) is coming off a unanimous decision loss to Rich Franklin at UFC 147 in June. The 36-year-old is 3-7 in his last 10 outings and has not fought in Japan since 2006. Silva has a record of 22-4-1, 1 NC when competing in Japan.
Stann (12-5) is also coming off a unanimous decision loss, his to Michael Bisping at UFC 152 in Toronto. The 32-year-old is a former WEC light-heavyweight champion but hasn’t competed at 205 pounds since a 2010 submission loss to Phil Davis.
The UFC also confirmed several more fights for the event. Here is what the fight card looks like to date:
– Wanderlei Silva vs. Brian Stann (five-round light-heavyweight bout)
– Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve at heavyweight
– Takanori Gomi vs. Diego Sanchez at lightweight
– Dong Hyun Kim vs. Siyar Bahadurzada at welterweight
– Riki Fukuda vs. Brad Tavares at middleweight
– Cristiano Marcello vs. Kazuki Tokudome at lightweight
– Takeya Mizugaki vs. Bryan Caraway at bantamweight