Jose Bautista and Brett Lawrie haven’t had much to celebrate in the second half of 2012, but it sure hasn’t hurt their jersey sales.
On Monday, MLB released a list of the most popular jerseys since the all-star break and the two Toronto Blue Jays stars find themselves among the top 20 for the first time.
The 31-year-old Bautista, whose season was shut down prematurely due to wrist surgery, comes in at No. 16. As for the 23-year-old Lawrie, his No. 13 jersey is the 20th highest selling in MLB in the second half.
Derek Jeter of the New York Yankees, Josh Hamilton of the Texas Rangers and Ichiro Suzuki of the Yankees top the list, released jointly today by Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association.
MLB Most Popular Jerseys
Based on sales of Majestic jerseys since the 2012 All-Star break
1. Derek Jeter, New York Yankees
2 Josh Hamilton, Texas Rangers
3. Ichiro Suzuki, New York Yankees
4. Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals
5. Mike Trout, LA Angels of Anaheim
6. Andrew McCutchen, Pittsburgh Pirates
7. Yu Darvish, Texas Rangers
8. Chipper Jones, Atlanta Braves
9. Justin Verlander, Detroit Tigers
10. Robinson Cano, New York Yankees
11. Matt Kemp, Los Angeles Dodgers
12. David Freese, St. Louis Cardinals
13. Joey Votto, Cincinnati Reds
14. Ian Kinsler, Texas Rangers
15. Prince Fielder, Detroit Tigers
16. Jose Bautista, Toronto Blue Jays
17. Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants
18. Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
19. Miguel Cabrera, Detroit Tigers
20. Brett Lawrie, Toronto Blue Jays