As the NHL’s return to the ice nears, Sportsnet is asking fans across the country to submit videos for a chance to be part of a Hockey Night in Canada opening montage.
To submit a video on Twitter and Instagram, fans are encouraged to follow the guidelines below and then post a video using the hashtag #HockeyNight. To submit a video on Facebook, fans of Canadian teams can join one of the NHL on Sportsnet Facebook Groups and post a video.
The deadline to submit a video is Friday, July 31.
Whether playing road hockey or cheering on your favourite team, feel free to get creative in your video while staying safe and following proper social distancing rules.
Guidelines for videos:
• Shoot the video on a phone (vertical or horizontal, depending on the shot)
• Remember to look into the camera when speaking
• Showcase your city/town, if possible
• Wear your favourite hockey jersey, if possible
• Have lots of energy in everything you do!
Questions fans can answer in video:
• What team are you cheering for when hockey returns?
• Why are you happy hockey is back?
Suggested statements fans can make in video:
• Shoutout/thank Canada’s front-line workers
• “Hockey is for everyone!”
• “Hockey is Back!”
• “This is Hockey Night in Canada!”
• Say your name and where you’re from. For example: “I’m John Smith, from Winnipeg, Manitoba.” or “We are the Smiths, from Winnipeg, Manitoba.”
• Support your favourite team with a cheer. For example: “Go Jets Go!”