Team Canada and Sportsnet are joining forces to launch Athlete2Athlete, a new six-part digital series featuring some of Canada’s top athletes as they go beyond the sports headlines to have honest and open conversations designed to motivate and unite Canadians.
The series is set to premiere today at 12 p.m. ET / 9 a.m. PT, and will air every Thursday over the next six weeks.
Starting with today’s discussion between two-time Olympic trampoline champion Rosie MacLennan and Rio 2016 soccer bronze medallist Stephanie Labbé, the series will touch on the impact of COVID-19 on sport and tackle important social issues such as racism, mental health and LGBTQ2S+ inclusivity to reveal just how powerfully sport connects us all.
With Sportsnet’s Arash Madani teeing up each Athlete2Athlete episode, the following Canadians will be featured over the next six weeks:
· Rosie MacLennan (Two-time Olympic champion, trampoline) and Stephanie Labbé (Rio 2016 bronze medallist, soccer)
· Kia Nurse (Rio 2016 Olympian, basketball) and Miah-Marie Langlois (Rio 2016 Olympian, basketball)
· Mark Tewksbury (Barcelona 1992 Olympic champion, swimming), Markus Thormeyer (Rio 2016 Olympian, swimming) and Annie Guglia (Tokyo 2020 hopeful, skateboarding)
· Mikaël Kingsbury (PyeongChang 2018 Olympic champion, freestyle skiing) and Max Parrot (PyeongChang 2018 silver medallist, snowboard)
· Aaron Brown (Rio 2016 bronze medallist, athletics) and Donovan Bailey (Two-time Olympic champion, athletics)
· Marie-Philip Poulin (Two-time Olympic champion, hockey) and Max Domi (Centre, Montreal Canadiens)