TORONTO (August 14, 2013) Sportsnet is shipping up to Boston to deliver more than five hours of complete-card coverage of UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Sonnen. Coverage kicks off on Saturday, Aug. 17 as sportsnet.caprovides live streaming of three early preliminary fights at 4:30 p.m. ET / 1:30 p.m. ET, followed by the preliminary and main card bouts on Sportsnet 360 beginning at 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT.
As the new home to UFC in Canada, Sportsnet 360 delivers big names and big coverage leading up to and beyond fight night, all year-round.
Saturday’s stacked fight card features the always charismatic Chael Sonnen (27-13-1) taking on Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (21-7) in a battle of UFC veterans. Sonnen is looking for his final win as a light heavyweight before moving down a class following Saturday’s fight. Both Sonnen and Rua will be looking for a redemptive win, following losses in their last fights.
The co-main event of the evening features a colossal heavyweight clash between Travis Browne and Alistair Overeem. For full card details, please see below.
UFC Fight Night: – Coverage Details:
- Connected: Sonnen joins anchor Hazel Mae on Connected this evening at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT on Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific
- Pre-Fight Press Conference: Thursday, Aug. 15 at 1p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT on Sportsnet 360 and streamed live on sportsnet.ca
- UFC Central Radio: Host “Showdown” Joe Ferraro previews the action ahead of the weekend on Thursday, Aug. 15 at Midnight ET on Sportsnet 590 The FAN
- Official Weigh-Ins: Friday, Aug. 16 at 4 p.m. ET/1 p.m. PT on Sportsnet 360 and sportsnet.ca
- Post-Fight Press Conference: sportsnet.ca will have live streaming of the post-fight press conference following the main event
- UFC Central: Host Ferraro recaps the highlights and major storylines from fight night on Tuesday, August 20 at 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT on Sportsnet 360
Early Preliminaries (sportsnet.ca, 4:30 p.m. ET/1:30 p.m. PT)
- Manny Gamburyan vs. Cole Miller
- Cody Donovan vs. Ovince St. Preux
- Ramsey Nijem vs. James Vick
Preliminaries (Sportsnet 360, 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT)
- Michael McDonald vs. Brad Pickett
- Max Holloway vs. Conor McGregor
- Mike Brown vs. Steven Siler
- Diego Brandao vs. Daniel Pineda
Main Card (Sportsnet 360, 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT)
- Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Chael Sonnen
- Travis Browne vs. Alistair Overeem
- Iuri Alcantara vs. Urijah Faber
- Matt Brown vs. Mike Pyle
- Uriah Hall vs. John Howard
- Michael Johnson vs. Joe Lauzon
Social Media Links
Official website, Sportsnetwww.sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet onFacebook http://www.facebook.com/sportsnet
Follow “Showdown” Joe Ferraro @ShowdownJoe
Follow Official Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet connects Canadian sports fans to their favourite teams and athletes, using five platforms: TV, Radio, Print, Online and Mobile. Sportsnet is Fuelled By Fans, and delivers storytelling on a local, regional, national and global level. The multiplatform brand consists of Sportsnet, sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet 960 The FAN, Sportsnet magazine, Sportsnet Mobile and the Hockey Central app on iPad and Playbook. Sportsnet consists of four regional channels (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific), and the nationally-distributed Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet World, and Sportsnet 360. Sportsnet is the Canadian leader in NHL and MLB television broadcasts and is home to 162 Toronto Blue Jays games, plus MLB Playoffs and the World Series. Sportsnet is an official licensed broadcaster of the 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilTM and also offers an exciting sports lineup including the NFL, the Memorial Cup, CIS Vanier Cup, Ultimate Fighting Championship®, Grand Slam of Curling, IZOD IndyCar Series, the Rogers Cup tennis tournament, and extensive soccer programming including Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, MLS Vancouver Whitecaps FC, CONCACAF and Canadian national team matches for men and women. Connected is the network’s nightly news program, providing regional and national coverage of the day’s events in the world of sports.